The Village Flower Farm is a u-pick flower farm in Yellow Springs, Ohio.
Here’s what you need to know to plan your visit.
U-Pick Farm Hours
The flower farm is open to the public ONLY on specific days and times. THE FARM IS CLOSED FOR 2020 AND WILL RE-OPEN IN JUNE 2021.
Flowers wilt quickly in the heat of the day and won’t last as long if picked in the scorching heat, so u-pick hours are in the morning and evening. Droopy flowers are no fun!
What to Bring
- Scissors or pruners. You need a way to cut your flowers, of course!
- Your Village Flower Farm vase or beach pail, if you already got one during a prior visit.
- Farm appropriate clothing. The farm is on a slope and has grassy paths. You’ll want comfortable clothes and shoes that are good for uneven ground.
- Gloves. Some people like to wear gloves while cutting flowers.
- Water bottle. It can get hot cutting flowers on a bright summer day.
- Sunscreen. The flower field is SUNNY! Take care of your skin to prevent sunburn.
At the Farm
- Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before closing time so you have plenty of time to choose your favorite flowers.
- Parking is available on nearby streets. Please park safely and be mindful of traffic on US 68. The speed limit is 35 mph, but it tends to be busy in the summer.
- Make your way to our welcome tent and choose your size: cup ($19), or tall vase ($29) or blooming bucket ($47). You can pick as many flowers as fit in that container for a flat rate – simple and easy! You can wash the vase or bucket at home and bring it back to refill with fresh flowers all season – and you’ll get $1 off as a thank you each time you reuse the container.
- We accept credit/debit cards only.
- Take your time and wander around. Many people like to look at all the flowers before they decide which kinds they want to cut.
- When you start cutting your flowers, be sure to cut LOOOONG stems! Cutting long stems encourages the plants to grow even more flowers, and you can trim your stems later, if you prefer.
- The farm will close for thunderstorms or other severe weather events, or if the flowers are sold out. Call first or check Facebook or Instagram for the latest updates.
Soak in the beauty of the farm, and enjoy quality time with your friends and family.